According to the Mayo Clinic and our own observation here at Below The Knee Shoes, plantar fasciitis (PLAN-tur fas-e-I-tis) is one of the most common causes of heel pain. It involves pain and inflammation of a thick band of tissue, called the plantar fascia, that runs across the bottom of your foot and connects your heel bone to your toes.
Plantar fasciitis commonly causes stabbing pain that usually occurs with your very first steps in the morning. Once your foot loosens up and becomes more limber, the pain of plantar fasciitis normally decreases, but it may return after long periods of standing or after getting up from a seated position.
Plantar fasciitis is particularly common in runners. In addition, people who are overweight and those who wear shoes with inadequate support are at risk of plantar fasciitis.
We have many, many customers who suffer from plantar fasciitis. The Pro-Tec Soft Splint for Plantar Fasciitis has been quite helpful for a lot of people in getting rid of the pain and discomfort associated with PF.
Pro-Tec Night Splint for plantar fasciitis
• Alleviates pain and tightness in arch and Achilles tendon
• Combines the benefits of a compression sock with the stability of a traditional Night Splint
• Breathable compression provides stimulating massage to calf and Achilles tendon
• Firm insole offers stability to hold foot in place throughout stretching period.
• Toe Wedge supports toes in comfortable dorsiflexion
This item is available in sizes from women’s size 5 through men’s size 14. $37.95